The next Community VCs of the Global (R&E) Network Advancement Group (GNA-G) are scheduled to take place online on 14 & 15 September 2021. The aim of the Community VCs is to:
* Bring ongoing progress and advancements to the attention of the worldwide R&E Network, Science, and Computer Science communities;
* Foster deeper engagement within and among the communities, bringing mutual benefit for more effective operations now, and for the future vision of next generation networks and workflows;
* Synergize the efforts and leverage the progress of the GNA-G Working Groups and discover new opportunities for advancement while avoiding unnecessary overlaps;
* Provide a wide-ranging focus and synergy, tools and services for the global ensembles of research and education networks, present and future;
* Sustain the conversation and maintain forward progress in the time of the pandemic, and deal with the ongoing transformations it will leave in its wake;
* Providing opportunities to join one or more efforts through our working groups and sustain and strengthen our global mission.
Like the previous Community VCs, we will be using Zoom. Please register for the VC(s) you plan to participate in, using one or both of the following links:
Meeting coordinates & registration link
VC #1: Tuesday, 14 September 2021, 1pm – 3pm UTC
Most suitable for participants from North America, Latin America, Africa, and Europe.
VC #2: Wednesday, 15 September 2021, 6am – 8am UTC
Most suitable for participants from Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, and Europe.
- Opening & Welcome – Leadership Team (1 mins)
- Updates from the GNA-G Leadership Team – Leadership Team (10 mins)
- NomCom Process [slides]
- News on GREN intercontinental links & GXPs:
- Innovation Corner:
- Working Group Updates and Discussion:
- Announcement of 2nd GRP Workshop – Joe Mambretti (NorthWestern U) (2 minutes) [slides] [video]
- Announcement of next VCs and Closure – Leadership Team (2 minutes)