The Community VCs of the Global (R&E) Network Advancement Group (GNA-G) are scheduled to take place online on December 7 and 8. The aim of the Community VCs is to:
* Bring ongoing progress and advancements to the attention of the worldwide R&E Network, Science, and Computer Science communities;
* Foster deeper engagement within and among the communities, bringing mutual benefit for more effective operations now, and for the future vision of next generation networks and workflows;
* Synergize the efforts and leverage the progress of the GNA-G Working Groups and discover new opportunities for advancement while avoiding unnecessary overlaps;
* Provide a wide-ranging focus and synergy, tools and services for the global ensembles of research and education networks, present and future;
* Sustain the conversation and maintain forward progress in the time of the pandemic, and deal with the ongoing transformations it will leave in its wake;
* Providing opportunities to join one or more efforts through our working groups and sustain and strengthen our global mission.
Like the previous Community VCs, we will be using Zoom. Please register for the VC(s) you plan to participate in, using one or both of the following links:
VC #1: Monday, 7 December 2020, 3pm – 5pm UTC
Most suitable for participants from North America, Latin America, Africa, and Europe. Registration has closed.
VC #2: Tuesday, 8 December 2020, 8am – 10am UTC
Most suitable for participants from Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, and Europe. Registration has closed.
The minutes of this meeting are available here.
1. Opening & Welcome
2. Updates from the GNA-G Leadership Team
3. Updates from the Community
– Cape Town, Fortaleza, Sao Paolo GXPs & AtlanticWave-SDX and Interconnections – Siju Mammen, Aluizio Hazin, Julio Ibarra and Jeronimo Bezerra
– Update from SingAREN – Francis Lee Bu Sung
– Arctic Connect R&E – Erik-Jan Bos
– Telemetry – Joe Breen, Jeronimo Bezerra
4. Securing the GREN – Steve Kennet (JISC) & Charles Sterner (AARNet)
6. Announcement of next VCs and closure