The Community VCs of the Global (R&E) Network Advancement Group (GNA-G) are scheduled to take place online on June 14 and 15. The aim of the Community VCs is to:
* Bring ongoing progress and advancements to the attention of the worldwide R&E Network, Science, and Computer Science communities;
* Foster deeper engagement within and among the communities, bringing mutual benefit for more effective operations now, and for the future vision of next generation networks and workflows;
* Synergize the efforts and leverage the progress of the GNA-G Working Groups and discover new opportunities for advancement while avoiding unnecessary overlaps;
* Provide a wide-ranging focus and synergy, tools and services for the global ensembles of research and education networks, present and future;
* Sustain the conversation and maintain forward progress in the time of the pandemic, and deal with the ongoing transformations it will leave in its wake;
* Providing opportunities to join one or more efforts through our working groups and sustain and strengthen our global mission.
Like the previous Community VCs, we will be using Zoom. Please register for the VC(s) you plan to participate in, using one or both of the following links:
Meeting dates & times:
VC #1: Monday, 14 June 2021, 2pm – 4pm UTC
Most suitable for participants from North America, Latin America, Africa, and Europe.
VC #2: Tuesday, 15 June 2021, 7am – 9am UTC
Most suitable for participants from Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, and Europe.
Detailed agenda (topics, speakers, and slides):
- Opening & Welcome [slides]
- Updates from the GNA-G Leadership Team
- News on GREN intercontinental links
- Innovation Corner
- Working Group Updates and Discussion
- Announcement of next VCs and Closure [slide]